By using our website, you are accepting the practices we describe here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at info@FisheyeConnect.com.
Terms Used Herein
“Instructor,” “Provider,” or “Promoter” refer to individuals posting or promoting workshop openings. “Attendee” refers to a customer who has reserved and paid for a spot in an Instructor’s workshop. “Fisheye Connect” or “FEC” refer to Fisheye Connect, Inc. “FisheyeConnect.com” or “the Site” refer to Fisheye Connect’s website, located at http://www.FisheyeConnect.com/. “Workshop” refers to the learning experience provided by Instructors to Attendees through Fisheye Connect. “Booking” refers to the act of reserving and paying for a workshop opening through Fisheye Connect. “Opening” (hereafter “seats,” or “openings”) means a position which can be bought by a person or for a person to participate in the workshop provided by the Instructor.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, you provide us with two types of information: personal information that identifies you (such as your name and email address) and non-personal information (such as your IP address and browser type) that does not identify you personally, but gives us information about your computer and about your activities on our site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type, the date and time you access the site, and the website that referred you to our site. We also collect and store information from your computer using “cookies.” A cookie is a small file stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. For example, when you sign in to your FEC account, cookies will be used to save your email address and name so the next time you visit your Fisheye Connect account from the same computer we will “remember” your email address and name in order to make your experience faster and simpler. If you buy or sell a workshop seat on our website, we will collect financial information from you (your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, info, etc.).
We protect your information
We know it is very important to protect the information you share with us. We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access your personal information, and they may do so only for limited reasons. However, some information may be posted by you to the public through workshop listings, this information is available to the World Wide Web and we cannot guarantee its protection. We also encrypt credit card numbers and other sensitive information before it is sent from your computer to ours. We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
You should feel confident using our website. However, no system can be completely secure. Although we take very significant steps to secure your information, there is always a chance that your information will not always remain secure, and you should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
How we use your information
In general, we may use information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- to process payment for bookings or postings you make;
- to manage your account and provide you with customer service;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions;
- to generally manage our business
When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Sharing your information
We won’t share your personal information with anyone except for the situations listed below or unless we specifically inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of our sharing your personal information.
We may share your personal information with:
- Authorized service providers. Our authorized service providers are companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling workshop seat orders, processing credit card payments, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analyses, supporting our website functionality, and other features we offer. These service providers may have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions, but we do not allow them to share or use any of your personal information for any other purpose.
- Instructors. We book workshops on behalf of others; we don’t organize, produce or otherwise bring you workshops. The photographers, schools, corporations, seminars, and photography clubs, and others who bring you workshops are known as “Instructors.” When you book or post a workshop on our site (or try to do these things), you consent to allow us to provide your personal information to the Instructors and their contractors, if any. We share this information so Instructors can contact you about the workshop or other events you may be interested in.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may share your non-personal information in any of the above circumstances. Also, we may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for general business analysis purposes. For example, we may provide our advertisers with the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information. It may be used to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties.
If you have any questions about how a third party handles personal information, please contact that third party directly.
How you can access your information
If you have a FEC account, you can quickly and easily review and update your personal information online by logging into your account.
If you have a FEC account, you also may close your account at any time by contacting FEC customer service, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for recordkeeping purposes.
Your choices about your personal information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information. However, that may result in your not being able to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order to use those features. For example, in order to open a FEC account, or book or post workshop openings, your personal information will be required.
At any time, you can choose to no longer receive promotional emails from us, you can opt out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.”
Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements, administrative notices and surveys.
Please note that changing information in your FEC account or opting out of receiving promotional email communications will affect only future communications from us. If we already provided your information to a third party (such as an Instructor) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party as well.
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
Also, whenever you disclose personal information publicly (such as on publicly viewable web pages), that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited email messages. We can’t control who reads your posting or what others may do with information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to use your discretion with respect to posting personal information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
U.S. data protection and other laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
How to contact us
Thanks again for using Fisheye Connect!
This page, along with all other Terms and Policies on this site, are the exclusive intellectual property of Fisheye Connect, Inc., and may not be reproduced without the consent of Fisheye Connect, Inc.