Flash Dancing: A Flash Fu Workshop
Stay Up to Date with This Host's Events:
Learn how to tap into the full power and capabilities of your speedlite flash system. In this hands-on workshop, Michael will teach you the ins and outs of using your speedlites for virtually any type of lighting, anywhere, anytime! From in-studio portraiture, to wedding photojournalism, to shooting in full sun, to using speedlites for commercial shoots, Michael will cover it all in this jammed-packed workshop. Much of the day will be live demonstrations and hands-on shooting with both your gear and some of the tools that Michael uses. Models will also be provided -- Michael is planning to have a 3:1 student to model ratio, so there will be plenty of opportunities for live shooting!
The morning session will be in the studio, with on-location hands-on shooting in the afternoon.
ETTL REALLY WORKS AND WORKS WELL...FIND OUT HOW TO MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU.
- beauty of eTTL: it wants a balanced exposure
- how it works
- different metering modes: which is best for eTTL?
- overriding with FEC: in camera or on the flash? Can you do both?
- understanding ratios and FEC; how do they work together? How to use them.
FIND ALL THE HIDDEN FEATURES IN YOUR SPEEDY...AND THERE ARE QUITE A FEW
- what do all of the buttons do?
- adjustments that can be made
GO MANUAL FOR TOTAL CONTROL AND CONSISTENCY...JUST LIKE STUDIO STROBES
- modeling light
- adjusting power and zoom level
- firing remotely
CAN SPEEDLITES REPLACE YOUR STUDIO STROBES? YOU BETCHA!
- Manual and eTTL
- modifying the light
LEARN THE SECRET TO BLENDING FLASH AND AMBIENT LIGHT
- are you gellin'?
- blending with the ambient
BECOME A FLASH DANCER AT YOUR NEXT WEDDING
- eTTL on the fly
- the art of the bounce
- when direct flash sucks, and when it can save your shot
- jalapeno on a stick
- The Flexzie and The Snootzie
- bouncing with short lenses versus long lenses
- speedlites for formals: portable and modifiable
BATTLE THE SUN...AND WIN!
- fill in the shade; eliminate color casts
- battle the sun
- HSS, f-stops and distance
METERING IN MANUAL...WITHOUT A METER!
- understanding the power differences between speedlites and what that means
- guide numbers: simplified
- differences once you change the zoom level of the speedlite
Before booking workshops, carefully review your workshop information, including location, date, time, and cost. Refunds will not be granted through Fisheye Connect. For questions please reference our Attendee Policies.