CHASING LIGHT - THE ART OF LONG EXPOSURE PHOTOGRAPHY - CENTRAL LONDON
Stay Up to Date with This Host's Events:
Chasing Light – The Art of Long Exposure Photography
Learn to take award winning images from 2010’s Travel Photographer of the Year Finalist and author. Mark Paulda will teach you the Art of Long Exposure and how to turn the familiar into extraordinary and exciting images.
2 Nights - Limited to 6 students per workshop
The next course dates and locations are:
- London – 23rd and 24th of March 2011
- London – 29th and 30th of March 2011
Some unique and stunning photographs can be taken in the dark of night. While there are many possibilities for night photography, this workshop focuses on long exposures (over one second) of stationary and moving objects. While there will be plenty of discussion and answers to any questions, this workshop is hands on with much practice; the best way to learn. The aim of this course is to highlight and explain various long exposure photographic techniques, qualities, and effects, using practical exercises and simple technical information. The course will get you to think more creatively about the style and content of your photography.
. Class sizes are restricted to 6 students so that everyone can get the best experience from the course.
Evening One We Will Cover:
- Getting the most out of your camera.
- What makes a good subject.
- How to approach composition.
- Making shooting quicker and simpler – reducing decisions that have to be made before you take a shot.
- How to make the most of the lighting you have with no flash.
Day two will cover:
- A review of the work produced on the previous evening. You will also get to see what the tutor shot so you can see not every shot a pro takes is a good one.
- More hands on practise in the streets of Central London.
On evening two we will review all the photographs shot from last night, including mine, you will be advised where you can make room for improvement. After the review students will head out onto the street to shoot a set of photographic images so you can learn how to achieve the perfect shot. To finish off we will look at what to do once you have shot your photos, how to look after an ever expanding photo collection and how to get your work seen by a wider audience.
This course is aimed at:
- Beginners and Intermediate in photography
- Long Exposure Lovers
- Professionals and Amateurs that need kick start their creativity.
What You Need:
- Any camera with Manual Settings
- Tripod, if you have one
- Dress Warmly & Good Walking Shoes
- Be open to learning creative long exposure photography.
The total cost for the course is £200. The hours will run approx 7p to 10p each evening. The cost of the course does not include transportation to and from our Central London meeting point or meals.
Before booking workshops, carefully review your workshop information, including location, date, time, and cost. Refunds will not be granted through Fisheye Connect. For questions please reference our Attendee Policies.