Flash Dancing: A Flash Fu Workshop
In this hands-on workshop you will learn how to become a Flash Fu Master with your speedlite flash system. Michael will cover on camera and off camera flash techniques, using both manual and eTTL settings.
Learn how to tap into the full power and capabilities of your speedlite flash system. In this hands-on workshop, Michael will teach you the ins and outs of using your speedlites for virtually any type of lighting, anywhere, anytime! From in-studio portraiture, to wedding photojournalism, to shooting in full sun, to using speedlites for commercial shoots, Michael will cover it all in this jammed-packed workshop. Much of the day will be live demonstrations and hands-on shooting with both your gear and some of the tools that Michael uses. Models will also be provided -- Michael is planning to have a 3:1 student to model ratio, so there will be plenty of opportunities for live shooting!
- beauty of eTTL: it wants a balanced exposure
- how it works
- different metering modes: which is best for eTTL?
- overriding with FEC: in camera or on the flash? Can you do both?
- understanding ratios and FEC; how do they work together? How to use them.
- what do all of the buttons do?
- adjustments that can be made
- modeling light
- adjusting power and zoom level
- firing remotely
- Manual and eTTL
- modifying the light
- are you gellin'?
- blending with the ambient
- eTTL on the fly
- the art of the bounce
- when direct flash sucks, and when it can save your shot
- jalapeno on a stick
- The Flexzie and The Snootzie
- bouncing with short lenses versus long lenses
- speedlites for formals: portable and modifiable
- fill in the shade; eliminate color casts
- battle the sun
- HSS, f-stops and distance
- understanding the power differences between speedlites and what that means
- guide numbers: simplified
- differences once you change the zoom level of the speedlite
Before booking workshops, carefully review your workshop information, including location, date, time, and cost. Refunds will not be granted through Fisheye Connect. For questions please reference our Attendee Policies.
- Bring:,- Your camera gear,- Your speedlites,- And a desire to learn.,I will provide:,- cheat sheets and quick guides for using your speedlites,- model(s),- access to try out some of my equipment that I use
- It will probably help if you at least have used a speedlite from time to time. I will cover some beginner information,but will want to progress to more complicated techniques and concepts throughout the day.